The Rottnest Island Authority commissioned Pronto PR in partnership with Avid Events to create and manage its annual weekend long Heritage Festival event, focusing on the significant history of Rottnest Island, 19km off the Western Australian Coast.
Rottnest Island Heritage Festival
Rottnest Island Authority
Also known by its Noongar language (Aboriginal) name Wadjemup, Rottnest Island has a unique and diverse history, from 20,000 year old Aboriginal artefacts from a time when the Island was part of the mainline.
Other significant aspects of Rottnest Island’s History and Heritage include:
- shipwrecks and lighthouses
- an intact early colonial settlement including remnants of a farming history
- a legacy of incarceration for nearly 100 years
- WWII coastal defence gun emplacements, tunnels and artillery
- host to generations of holiday makers from Perth and beyond
The weekend festival included:
- games and activities for kids
- community engagement stalls
- live music and dance and
- delicious island specialties.
Photography: Pronto PR